Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox boards - screws in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DDD

Hi everyone, new here (I will introduce myself, but really need an answer so I can order the stuff I need).

Ok, so I have stud and block walls, suspended timber floor (WBP). I'm putting marmox boards on both walls and floor. Floor will have a Devi-mat. Using Mapei Keraquick to attach boards to floor and block walls, then screwing and just screwing onto the stud. Will be getting Marmox metal washers (I assume there's no problem using these with the UFH). Now.. everywhere I read says use apropriate stainless steel screws. Please could someone enlighten me on what size these are? Using 12.5mm boards, so thinking at least 30mm long, maybe longer but what diameter?

thanks

D

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
You just have to think about entering the wpb far enough (3/4) to get a good hold. You don't want 50mm screws with having the chance of bursting pipes below the wpb. As for diameter I think I use around 4mm iirc

D

DDD

Thanks, I as looking at 4mm and 4.5mm screws, so great to finally hear what someone else is using.
No chance of burst pipes as there is a 3 foot space under floor and can check where all the plumbing is, but don't really want lots of screws poking through, so 12.5mm marmox + 18mm wbp +3mm adhesive = 33.5mm. 3/4 through wbp = 13.5mm, which would seem to imply 29mm minimum length I've found 25mm or 32mm screws. Was thinking maybe the 25mm, but looking at the figures the 32mm might be better. For the block wall and stud, should I go longer.

I think I've everything else covered; just deciding whether to tank on top of the SLC (covering the UFH), or if taping/sealing the edges the marmox boards is sufficient.

D

Reply to Marmox boards - screws in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen