Currently reading:
Mapei grout colour variation

Discuss Mapei grout colour variation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jgw1

Hi all,

I used a 5Kg bag of Mapei Colour plus chocolate grout and did the first 2Kg a few weeks ago. Sealed the bad against moisture and then did the other 3Kg four days ago.

The colour as it is now is very different between the two batches. Any ideas? Does the colour naturally fade over a few weeks and I just haven't noticed it with my naked eye.

Any suggestions on how to make the variation less noticeable.

G

Gazzer

Here's another story.
Last week on a job we were mixing mapei keracolour FF Jasmin.
I bag mixed and used, small amount need out of next bag but colour difference- beige i kid you's not !!!!
Yip the top bit of the new bag looked like beige then changed to jasmin.
Now i reported this to no one till now as it was only one bag.

This was the same 5kg bag though Joe :thumbsup:

G

Gazebo

I have experienced this with ultracolour plus and I looked on here for advice, I'm sure the advice was if you have to part mix a bag of grout then dry mix it 1st in a bucket then split it into 2 batches as the little colour molecules(balls) sometimes sit in the bottom of the bag and hence give you shade variations.

always follow mixing instructions for measures of water etc.

My supplier only has the foil bags now but used to be the plastic bags.

probably best not to mix the 2 as previosly mentioned.

Have fun.

Reply to Mapei grout colour variation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.