Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei grout colour variation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jgw1

Hi all,

I used a 5Kg bag of Mapei Colour plus chocolate grout and did the first 2Kg a few weeks ago. Sealed the bad against moisture and then did the other 3Kg four days ago.

The colour as it is now is very different between the two batches. Any ideas? Does the colour naturally fade over a few weeks and I just haven't noticed it with my naked eye.

Any suggestions on how to make the variation less noticeable.

G

Gazzer

You really should mix the whole bag up as you could have added different amounts of water which could affect the shade.

J

jgw1

OK,

It was on mosaics and only had a 30min life in the bucket I think the instructions said. As a diyer 30 min for 5Kg of mosaics grouting was too much so I broke it up.

Grr

Anything I can do?

G

Gazzer

And if you keep mixing the grout in the bucket now and again a batch of grout can be made to last hours, Just whisk it up again but do not add water.

J

jgw1

Four days ago, I was wondering if it was still drying out a little, but thought that was a bit wishful.

H

hillhead

Here's another story.
Last week on a job we were mixing mapei keracolour FF Jasmin.
I bag mixed and used, small amount need out of next bag but colour difference- beige i kid you's not !!!!
Yip the top bit of the new bag looked like beige then changed to jasmin.
Now i reported this to no one till now as it was only one bag.

G

Gazzer

We were also told that there are 2 places the the grout is made, I think it was Italy and Spain ?. Anyway it was said not to mix the 2 as there could be a shade difference.
One was in a foil bag and the other in plastic bag. I havent seen them around for a while now though.

G

Gazzer

Here's another story.
Last week on a job we were mixing mapei keracolour FF Jasmin.
I bag mixed and used, small amount need out of next bag but colour difference- beige i kid you's not !!!!
Yip the top bit of the new bag looked like beige then changed to jasmin.
Now i reported this to no one till now as it was only one bag.

This was the same 5kg bag though Joe :thumbsup:

Reply to Mapei grout colour variation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen