Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Mapei Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dock

Hi everyone

Mapei launched Glitter Grout at the recent Home Building show at the NEC.

Gold and Silver "sparkley bits" are now available with 22 other colours to follow!!!!! In conjunction with the 6 base colours of the Kerapoxy Design System to choose from the effects available are almost endless.

Up to 10% of the glitter can be added to the Kerapoxy Design System epoxy grout to provide a unique sparkle finish.

Details will follow shortly on our website.

doc

Edit (added by Dan): You can add and view glitter grout pictures in the new media gallery. Ask questions about glitter grout in the adhesive and grout forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MICK the Tiler

I used some of this gear a while back. It glowed in the dark and was used to grout nosing recesses in the fire escapes of a building I worked on.

GOOD GEAR!!!!

D

d noulton

asked by a customer 2 week ago can you get glitter grout :whatchutalkingabout I think her names barbie , not joking apparently her husband ken will look into it:lol:

H

hillhead

can't wait to tell folks about that!!
I love recommending all the mapei gear,great stuff.
Joe
:thumbsup:

S

sWe

What type of tiles would you use glitter grout with? I mean, using glitter grout in a bathroom with cheapo white 15x15 standard tiles in a grid pattern would look a wee bit pretentious :grin:

F

faithhealer

What type of tiles would you use glitter grout with? I mean, using glitter grout in a bathroom with cheapo white 15x15 standard tiles in a grid pattern would look a wee bit pretentious :grin:

Sorry to stereotype but just done 'council house' bathroom and she would have loved it

T

tfs

i saw glitter grout on the internal and external surfaces of a small ice cream parlour in Sorrento in Southern Italy last summer.

It was a stunning finnish for the gold efect mosaics.

deffo would look odd in your avergae house though

C

cerene

:hurray: Yes at last someone else saw that great cafe bar in Sorrento with gold glitter grout on the outside and inside was quite something else as well. I took a picture of it, (sad muppet some might say), and even have it on my mobile. I have mentioned it to customers who would like it but until now could not find it, all the tile merchants round here look at me as if I have two heads when I ask "can you get glitter grout".

Have emailed mapei to find out my nearest stockist.

Cheers !

i saw glitter grout on the internal and external surfaces of a small ice cream parlour in Sorrento in Southern Italy last summer.

It was a stunning finnish for the gold efect mosaics.

deffo would look odd in your avergae house though

B

bigandy

DOCK can you tell us if glitter grout is safe to put on our chest as the lasses round bolton will want a longer lasting shine than normal cosmetics allow and with mapei's legendary colours they could choose how dark a tan they want:grin::lol::lol::lol::grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dock

Big Andy

Don't know about yer chest but......people of a certain age will remember wearing glitter on their cheeks!!! (face).........I recall Marc Bolan starting that one off....................Seriously though its proving to be a very popular product and certainly worth mentioning to members of the public when pricing jobs

dock

M

mackay1888

has anyone been able to purchase this glitter grout from stock from ant tile stockists. i contacted ctd and they told me its special order, i just purchased black sparkle tile for my house, and my wife wants the glitter grout

G

Gazzer

has anyone been able to purchase this glitter grout from stock from ant tile stockists. i contacted ctd and they told me its special order, i just purchased black sparkle tile for my house, and my wife wants the glitter grout

Then order it :whatchutalkingabout

G

Grace'sDad

I had a customer ask for gold glitter grout on a chinese (bamboo) riven slate floor recently. I point blank refused on the basis of it looking naff.
I think it has a place to be used, but natural stone isn't one of them IMO.

Prolly looks great with polished porcelains though?

Reply to Mapei Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks