Search the forum,

Discuss Manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chille

I have a few Rubi's and in all fairness they do a good job day in day out for a very long time, my oldest is 8 years old and the one I use nearly every day so she has cut a lot of tiles and I think it will do another 8 years easy. :hurray:

M

mick86

i have just started but thought the sigma was really good big thick bar that will not bend an it has the little circular hole that can be used to knock holes in the tile for pipes useing your pin hammer if you have no power on site

M

mwss77

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies on this - couldn't reply any sooner as my sons mate spilt his drink over the laptop!!!!

Anyway, I am purchasing a montolit 26PB for small format - see Kwiksplit.co.uk for great deals. They are selling for £83.50

if any one knows where they are cheaper, let us know

Cheers
Mark :thumbsup:

P

pjhawthorne

Bought a Rubi TS600 then realised it was useless for any diagonal that wasn't corner to corner due to fixed breaker (useless for tiling a floor laid out at 45 degs to the wall). Took it straight back and consulted these forums (thank you!!). Then bought a Masterpiuma 63P2, which has been brilliant on 9mm porcelain at all angles and cuts some impressively small slithers cleanly when re-using offcuts.

R

ross lewiss

just reading some reviews on what cutter to get and rubi seem popular but how do you cope when you cannot cut corner to corner on a thick piece pf porcelain. would you need another cutter? hope i have made sense?
thanks, ross

D

Daz

Hi Ross,

I use a Rubi TR600-S for straight cuts. The only thing I have struggled to get a good straight cut on is fully vitrified tiles, only my wet cutter will go through those suckers.

For internal corners or shapes I use a combination of wet cutter and nippers (ceramic only for nippers).

Hope this helps,
Regards

R

ross lewiss

so if i buy a ts70 plus and i need to cut a piece of tile that the breaker wont cut due to the fixed breaker, then i have to use a wet saw? more expense arrgh
i only want to concentrate on ceramic and porcelain because i cant afford to buy all the equipment for the other kind of tiling and i thought a rubi tile cutter would cut any porcelain or so the video clip shows?

H

Holohana

so if i buy a ts70 plus and i need to cut a piece of tile that the breaker wont cut due to the fixed breaker, then i have to use a wet saw? more expense arrgh
i only want to concentrate on ceramic and porcelain because i cant afford to buy all the equipment for the other kind of tiling and i thought a rubi tile cutter would cut any porcelain or so the video clip shows?
Then its the Tx or TR range of rubi your after, moveable breaker.

D

Daz

My TR600-S doesn't have a fixed breaker so I can make straight cuts anywhere on a tile. Within reason, as it doesn't play nicely when trying to just take a small amount off! But no dry cutter will allow you to do internal corners or shapes unless you want to score with a dry cutter and then nip the sucker out (horrible if trying to do it with porcelain or vitrified!).

Reply to Manual tile cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen