Search the forum,

Discuss lifting wood floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

I need too replace a old warped chip board floor and then over board with ply in a kitchen 9mtrs, The kitchen has just been fitted and the plinths are on, also newish skirting board has bee fitted last year. My question is what's the best way to take the floor up? and where do I start and finish? do I need to take off and re fit the skirting boards? :mad2:

M

Martino

Lots or cuts with a rip saw should do the trick mate....the plinths will have to come off but you might get away with the skirts just depends how tight they are to the boards

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
screwed mate , non floater :)

Find a whole board that's accessible, take the screws out, break the tongues and lift.
Once you get the first one out and can see underneath youll get a better idea of how to remove it, joist positions, pipework etc. Wouldn't go straight in with a ripsaw, catch any CH pipes that those wonderful plumbers have left right at the top of the joist and your behind before youve begun.

Reply to lifting wood floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen