Search the forum,

Discuss Length of time between applying primer and fixing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Did you hire a professional architect? Who hired the “tiler” them or you?

we used the architect who designed the plans for the renovation to oversee the project.

I wouldn't say they're in cahoots but I believe they have worked together in the past on other projects and the architects did recommend them.

they also have recommended I wait another 6 months for everything to 'settle' before any remedial works be carried out something I've been opposed to as I view this as a patent defect, not something that has occurred due to general post-building work movement.

the contractors did the tiling of the ground floor themselves. the bathrooms were done by a subcontractor (no problems with those tiles)

Reaction score
That the tiler was employed / instructed by / paid them not by you. It was part of your fee to the architect / over all boss

unfortunately the contractors were the ones who tiled the floor. the architects were paid to visit the site every two weeks or so to check progress and flag up any concerns. money not well spent it appears

Reaction score
So you paid the architect & he paid the contractors/tilers who did the ground floor ,then the architect paid another tiler to do the upstairs which is fine correct,so are contractors builders/tilers or just tilers if get my understanding because it's a bit confusing :question:

Reaction score
So you paid the architect & he paid the contractors/tilers who did the ground floor ,then the architect paid another tiler to do the upstairs which is fine correct,so are contractors builders/tilers or just tilers if get my understanding because it's a bit confusing :question:

apologies for the confusion

1. I hired architect A to draw up plans for renovation
2. A put out to tender and also recommended contractor C for the job
3. I signed a JCT contract with C to undertake the project
4. C did the tiling for the ground floor but sub contracted the bathroom tiling to a professional tiler T.

Incidentally, C also did my neighbours renovation but used the professional tiler T to tile their ground floor.

D

Dumbo

There is were the problem lays, if they are coming back to refit work that they are adamant there nothing up with why they coming back at all or subsequently if what you have said about the lack of adhesive coverage on the tiles originally why are you having them back
They may of been advised not to admit liability even though they are putting it right and probably be claiming it as a good will gesture .

Reaction score
They may of been advised not to admit liability even though they are putting it right and probably be claiming it as a good will gesture .

this is likely the case. they have never admitted to doing a rubbish job even though it's patently obvious to everyone who's looked at it, but have agreed to redo most of the tiles.

either way, if I get my floor tiled properly I'll won't be too bothered. The extra disruption will certainly be annoying but I've got to the stage where I just want it done and start living in my house

Reply to Length of time between applying primer and fixing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen