Search the forum,

Discuss Laura Ashley tiles changing colour in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

Guys and gals I've just had a call from a lady that had ceramic Laura Ashley tiles fitted in her kitchen I haven't gone to take a look yet the jobs only 5 mins away so going later she is worried as the tiler won't go back there so I said I'd come not to criticize the work just to take a look at the tiles any way she says the tiles have changed colour from cream to a pinky sort of colour anyone got ideas as why many thanks

M

mike1979

Good point I shall ask this I I thought I'm my head perhaps he left them out side and they got wet

M

mike1979

I've just come back From looking at them and I can't really see a problem she hates them the tiler used norcross tubbed sticky and norcross powdered white grout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 114
M

mike1979

No the tiles were fixed last week apparently the tiler was annoyed with her and told her the choice of tiles was c£&p then left the only thing I noticed is that the walls are very very cold

A

Alan M

the wall looks freshly painted.
maybe its a trick of the eye. sometimes putting one colour beside different ones makes them look completely different.

my house and my neighbours hose are painted in exactly the same colours but the surface texture is different. she has dash and ours is napped plaster. you would bet that they are completely different colours

F

Fliselege

Reminds me of a job my boss told me about he did years ago. Customer told him what tiles she wanted so he picked them up and did the job. She came home and burst into tears, said they were wrong tiles so he had to take them all down. He went back to tile shop to complain they'd given him wrong tiles. They hadn't, she'd seen them in a display but due to different lighting the colour looked totally different. Can't remember the outcome but I think he got paid in full for tiling, removing and retiling in different tiles.

M

mike1979

I think it's the light myself and the texture of the tile surface and like you said the paint as it looks different depending on what angle you look at it

S

Sean SML Tiling

Could be that the tub gear is still wet and is changing the colour of the ceramic. Just a thought mike

Reply to Laura Ashley tiles changing colour in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen