Search the forum,

Discuss laser level or old style level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

curlycan

As a new tiler could you advise me if it is worth investing in a good quality laser level or just to stick with a normal level.

W

White Room

I stick with the standard level but have been looking at lasers, don't want to buy a laser then end up leaving it in it's box. Depends the size of areas your working, the standard bathroom would probably be crowded with a laser.

P

palmers_tiling

For many years I had no laser (before they were affordable to our likes). Then I had one (got pinched off a site I was working on). They are very handy. If the room's small then I just put the laser on, mark the walls with a pen on the laser line, then run a line round with a marker and use that as my joint line instead of the laser line.

Also very handy if you are doing floors and going through to different rooms with the tiles. You can set out really well and see how square the rooms are to each other.

Hope this makes sense??

You don't need to spend a million bucks on a laser nowadays. You can get a decent one for under a ton.

P

palmers_tiling

Yeh, just messing. 4got to bell ya back. al ring ya tomo...am trying to get a pic up on me name when it appears??

D

doug boardley

I'd stick with a normal level, it takes ages to claw the coin spent on a top notch laser level when all you really do is rest on your elbows and mark a datum round a room

R

Rob Z

Curly,

We have several lasers, but only break them out on larger jobs. We use them more for installing cabinets than anything.

We do use one laser as a transit to map out how out of level a floor is, when I want to calculate how much mud or SLC I need to buy.

I made it for approximately 15 years before getting my first laser. :thumbsup:

C

curlycan

Thanks all
I think I'll spend more money on a good tile cutter than on the laser level.
:thumbsup:

Reply to laser level or old style level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen