Search the forum,

Discuss Laser level - is the extra £200 worth it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hey guys and gals,

Just wonderin' if a Laser level is worth its weight - I had the opportunity to use one for a few days and thought it was a good tool, but offsetting that against the price made me think again.

There are some on the market for £80 and even £40 but of course the one I used was £200 so whats the lowdown?:whatchutalkingabout

My old fellah has always said - ' Son if your gonna buy a tool buy the best...... '

So is it necessary / too useful not to buy and is he right!......:huh2:

AK:thumbsup:

B

bob001

Not worth the extra for me at any rate. The GP-100 at £116 delivered is very accurate and easy to check. It does floor square and cross beam, plus it fits the tripod supplied with the very cheap levels.
All the best.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

I have a GP100 which I no longer use if anyone is interested or if not I will stick it on E Bay.

Kev

M

MICK the Tiler

I think it all depends on the type of work you intend to use it for. If you mainly do bathrooms then the cheaper option might well be the go, but if you do large floors then investing in the more expensive would be a better choice.

The reason being is that i've noticed with the cheaper models the laser beam tends to fade and become wider over larger distances causing inaccurate reference marks. also the cheaper models don't seem to be too good in very well lit areas the laser beam becomes dull and washed out and hard to spot, even on a white wall, or across a floor.

If your going to be in the tiling trade for the long haul then by all means buy the cheaper one try it out and work out from there what jobs it excells at and use that particular laser for those tasks. Then purchase the more expensive model as a back up or when you need it for larger work.

Thanks for all your responses.....Kev can I PM you regarding the GP100?

Cheers

AK:thumbsup:
----
DeWalt for me £140 off Ebay, Brand New. I agree with your old fellah :grin:

Cheers Sir Ramic - He'll be pleased to learn that somebody out there agrees with him!:lol:

-AK

Why is that then...? Is it not quicker or are you just as quick with your level - banked with years of experience!

AK
:yes:

D

davy_G

I use my lasers all the time, set out a bathroom in minutes, transfer datum lines around objects with a twist of a laser. Have not used a level in months. Wouldnt be without them!

Reply to Laser level - is the extra £200 worth it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen