Search the forum,

Discuss Large floors in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

In years gone past when we used to fit out tile showrooms for a local firm (Maxon tiles) that eventually became part of CTD, they were conscious that being a showroom they need to periodically change display tiling.

For flooring we used to paste lining paper (wallpaper) to the floor before it was tiled so the display could easily be removed in the future without tearing up the substrate. These were on screeds mostly.

Ditra matting is likely overkill on a job of this nature because the floor will probably only be designed to a finite lifespan (until the tile is out of production).

J

Joseph Kover

Think you read my mind, as I was about to ask about ditra- under what circumstances would you decide to use it? This being an up and coming bathroom showroom, I don't think the guy will want to part with the dosh, as ditra is not cheap!... Besides I saw the previous showroom and there was no ditra whatsoever, but I could surely suggest! As an uncoupling solution in this case?
Tell them tiles might cracking if you have large size tiles.especially in case of new concrete floor.hope it helps.even not here might be for future reference. Cheers

J

Joseph Kover

Been called to North London to check the tiled floor.been done in last December (already starts bad) and they pushed the floor heating on straight away.I ve seen all tiles are loose he showed about 20 of them, where grout been cracked and loose.he asked me to change them.I asked if he thinks logically the whole floor has been done at once and only 20 tiles has the issue?I feel sorry for them.but many pushes time and don't care of consequences comes later...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Large floors in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen