Search the forum,

Discuss Large Floor - Advice on Expansion Joints needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

The only real stresses your'll get are from the block walls, the stud work will be fixed to the floor anyway....

W

Whooshman

Looks ok to me whooshman,you should be fine with that!
is the 18mm ply straight onto the joists?
yes

SO....going with what I have so far, no expansion needed, as long as some sort of uncoupling/backer used. Fair shout? If so, any you guys used the BAL Rapid mat?

W

White Room

Is that their new decoupling membrane, if it is i would rather use Ditra personally...

J

J Sid

Bal rapid mat.....save 20% on adhesive used....but have to use bal adhesive's to be guaranteed....and pay 30% more for the adhesive.....why would anyone use it? Stick to schluter, all other are just copy's.

Reply to Large Floor - Advice on Expansion Joints needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen