Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

postie

Hi guys

Now i know you centre a hob or cookerhood on splashbacks but what if the cooker hood is on a wall where the worktop finishes halfway along the wall, do you start with a full tile level with the end of the worktop , or do you still centre the hob but in doing so end up with a small cut at the end of the worktop.I would start with a full tile at the end of the worktop (black line) like in the photo is this right way ?.

kitchensplashback.png

Last edited by a moderator:
P

postie

Yes Wayne doing a job for a property developer but the chippys have not fixed the worktop on yet and still have to cut the hob in ,plus the last kitchen i did the worktops were way out so had to batten them too . And just to top it off the plasterers are crap too when wrapping the tiles around the window i will have to combat the angle sitting out a few mill from the wall

T

tiler tom

Visually it would be better to have the tiles centered between the two cupboards. As dave said previously work out which will give you the better cut at the start of the worktop either a grout line centre of the cupboards or the centre of a tile. Also take into account the finish cut in the corner as well as cuts around sockets. Then start at the hob and work your way out in either direction.

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.