Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

postie

Hi guys

Now i know you centre a hob or cookerhood on splashbacks but what if the cooker hood is on a wall where the worktop finishes halfway along the wall, do you start with a full tile level with the end of the worktop , or do you still centre the hob but in doing so end up with a small cut at the end of the worktop.I would start with a full tile at the end of the worktop (black line) like in the photo is this right way ?.

kitchensplashback.png

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fred

I would still centre between the two cupboards, the extractor is wrongly placed. I would even go as far as explaining the situation to the punter and have it properly placed.

P

postie

The extractor is centred with those units its the shadows that make it look wrong here is another angle

oct25th07003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Yes postie mate..centre the extractor..start with a full or half tile , see which gives you the biggest cut at the w/top end.........dave..

P

postie

Yes Wayne doing a job for a property developer but the chippys have not fixed the worktop on yet and still have to cut the hob in ,plus the last kitchen i did the worktops were way out so had to batten them too . And just to top it off the plasterers are crap too when wrapping the tiles around the window i will have to combat the angle sitting out a few mill from the wall

F

Fekin

I'd be looking at having the small cut on the other side, after marking out how it would look around the hood first.

R

Ric

:teeth_smile: which as you mention Gaz was another fav game!! lol must stop with the retro stuff on the brain now:lol:

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen