Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

postie

Hi guys

Now i know you centre a hob or cookerhood on splashbacks but what if the cooker hood is on a wall where the worktop finishes halfway along the wall, do you start with a full tile level with the end of the worktop , or do you still centre the hob but in doing so end up with a small cut at the end of the worktop.I would start with a full tile at the end of the worktop (black line) like in the photo is this right way ?.

kitchensplashback.png

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fred

I would still centre between the two cupboards, the extractor is wrongly placed. I would even go as far as explaining the situation to the punter and have it properly placed.

P

postie

The extractor is centred with those units its the shadows that make it look wrong here is another angle

oct25th07003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Yes postie mate..centre the extractor..start with a full or half tile , see which gives you the biggest cut at the w/top end.........dave..

P

postie

Yes Wayne doing a job for a property developer but the chippys have not fixed the worktop on yet and still have to cut the hob in ,plus the last kitchen i did the worktops were way out so had to batten them too . And just to top it off the plasterers are crap too when wrapping the tiles around the window i will have to combat the angle sitting out a few mill from the wall

F

Fekin

I'd be looking at having the small cut on the other side, after marking out how it would look around the hood first.

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen