Search the forum,

Discuss Just bought a Sigma. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
why do you get a suitcase with your new rubi cutter?

when the cutter brakes you got sommit to take on holiday...:lol::lol::lol:

A

Aston

is that the same case that sigma have recently started copying, i mean making.
they do alot of copying do sigma???

the wrist of the sigma user is more likely to break quicker than any part of a rubi...all that banging the handle on the sigma to breAK a tile isnt good for you.. heee

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as i have said b4 one of my sigmas is over 20yrs old and still going strong, no need to keep 'updating' it as it dose all i need it to do, cut hard pocs, cermics, glass, ect no probs.

from what i seem to here about the rubis is you tend to have to keep 'updating' them to keep up with the changeing tile trends, and who has a 20yr old rubi that hasn't fell to bits, that can cut large format rock hard porcs?...........hang on i might find one in a skip somewhere..:lol::lol:

M

Mike

my rubi lasted ages..........only because i didn't use it as it was rubbish. i seen the light and sold it and put the money towards a sigma. i felt guilty selling it :lol::lol::lol:

D

doug boardley

tbh, any rubi less than a TX is pants on hard porcs, but had my existing TX for over 10 years now and never struggled on owt.

M

Mike

mine was the ts60. that put me off enough not to buy a rubi again. the only good thing about it was it had a case, there again the sigma is so tough it don't need one:lol:

H

hillhead

I reversed over my sigma 3B yesterday... oops.
That was my first flat tyre in 4 years......:8:

Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As a right tool I can tell u I can cut riven porcelain down to 10mm on my Rubi TX (when I get chance to trash a few more of someone elses porcelain tiles I will try for 5mm). My Sigma wielding co-workers tell me how much better their Sigma's are.... never accepted the narrow cut challenge though...... :prrr:

Might get interesting this week though!

Reply to Just bought a Sigma. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen