Search the forum,

Discuss Just booked... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

united

done my 4 day course last oct and was surprised by the work involved

u will strip out a half bath, had to keept he size down to make space lol, a sink and wc and a radiator, plumb it in speedfit then in copper and at the end u will be given x amount of materials to do it yerself and then cost it out on preset prices

u will remove and refit an outside tap and practise the subtle art of welding, soldering really but i found it annoyed the bloke when i called it that and by the size of my burners flame i couldve cut ships in half so welding it was for me

bit of compression testing and making shapes in pipes by bending

all in all a good course but for me they couldve spent a lot more time on how to fit showers and enclosures and the hidden pipes that we end up with ie the thermostatic mixers that need battening etc

good news is the cafe still sells curry everyday but theres an asda cafe next to nett which is cracking

hope this helps mate

ive certainly made my cash back as like u i got fed up waiting on plumbers to do menial work and now charge for it

i wouldnt call myself a plumber or bathroom fitter by any means but as someone who can do it for you no probs

andy

Cheers Andy, That's good to know mate :thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

does this mean I can stand around and watch you do all the work on that job we are doing in June mark?

U

united

does this mean I can stand around and watch you do all the work on that job we are doing in June mark?

:lol: I was thinking I could stand around and watch you to make sure your doing it right :lol:

At least I can give you more of a hand now!

H

Hawkofeagles

I just want the basic skills to give me the confidence to remove sinks, toilets radiators when tiling

That is what I did, a 2 week intensive plumbing course to give me confidence in doing exactully what you mentioned above and it does make a difference. You are not waiting for a plumber to remove the ceramics and lets be honest it's not rocket science just common sense. Having said that the courses give you the confidence to do it in real life and after the first couple it will be like second nature.

Good Luck money well spent :thumbsup:

U

united

Finished my course today! I must say it was great and I learnt so much in such a short period of time. :thumbsup:

I would really recommend it to anyone looking to do bathroom refits or just wanting the confidence to remove and replace things, like me.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Mark, did not see you post until just now.
I knew you would enjoy it. I’ts a bit scary when you remove your first toilet. Buy a few bottles of bleach and make sure you bring plenty of towels! Don’t tighten those toilet nuts too tight. You will have to be really careful when screwing plastic fittings onto metal fittings. Buy a box of washers and plenty of PTFE tape from Screwifx! Watch your bank balance grow when you offer (and get) plumbing services. Good luck. Sean. P.S. you might want to buy another tool bag for your plumbing tools (Fatmax or something).

Reply to Just booked... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen