Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Just booked... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

united

Finished my course today! I must say it was great and I learnt so much in such a short period of time. :thumbsup:

I would really recommend it to anyone looking to do bathroom refits or just wanting the confidence to remove and replace things, like me.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Mark, did not see you post until just now.
I knew you would enjoy it. I’ts a bit scary when you remove your first toilet. Buy a few bottles of bleach and make sure you bring plenty of towels! Don’t tighten those toilet nuts too tight. You will have to be really careful when screwing plastic fittings onto metal fittings. Buy a box of washers and plenty of PTFE tape from Screwifx! Watch your bank balance grow when you offer (and get) plumbing services. Good luck. Sean. P.S. you might want to buy another tool bag for your plumbing tools (Fatmax or something).

F

faithhealer

Sorry Mark, did not see you post until just now.
I knew you would enjoy it. I’ts a bit scary when you remove your first toilet. Buy a few bottles of bleach and make sure you bring plenty of towels! Don’t tighten those toilet nuts too tight. You will have to be really careful when screwing plastic fittings onto metal fittings. Buy a box of washers and plenty of PTFE tape from Screwifx! Watch your bank balance grow when you offer (and get) plumbing services. Good luck. Sean. P.S. you might want to buy another tool bag for your plumbing tools (Fatmax or something).
Buy a pump for your drill from the pound shop and empty it first!

S

Scott

A pump for my drill? What does that look like? I do empty the pan, but with a sponge.........into a bucket.

Yuk!!!

In most cases tip the toilet back and lift it to get most of the water out then pour the rest into a bucket or if your careful carry it out without spilling it. Ive never had to bail one out. You can also put a tub under the back to catch the spillage and then pull it out then pour into a bucket.

The drill pumps are quite good and i was considering getting one for getting the last remnants of water out of a pipe that need soldering, although a wet vac does the trick too.

Drill-Powered Water Pump : Garden & Pumps : Maplin

Reply to Just booked... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks