Search the forum,

Discuss Johnson's PRG1 - grout line in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Simon Watkins

Got the PRG1 10x20 tiles for the bathroom. Would like thin grout lines. Think johnsons recommend 3mm, but would like 2mm or (possibly 1.5mm). Think 2mm should be ok, 1mm too small, but maybe I'd get away with 1.5mm. Shower is tanked. Thoughts? 2mm for prudence? Tiles are all the same batch and seem good quality and uniform.

Simon

P

Perfect Tiling

As Sir Ramic says...2mm ok. Never seen 1.5mm spacers before...but this is the north of Scotland!!!! You might need 1mm if the tiles have a radiused edge and you have the grout flush with the tile face rather than back from the edge as this can make the grout line look wider if this makes sense.

S

Simon Watkins

That's what I'm worried about - I've got some beveled edge tiles in the main bathroom that I did with a 2mm space but the grout lines appear about 3 or 4mm because of the tile. I think I'll do some experiments on a piece of plasterboard first. I was more worried about grout falling out with 1mm. Simon

Reply to Johnson's PRG1 - grout line in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen