Search the forum,

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

FCE243D2-1199-4382-B222-9203946394A0.jpeg

W

Waluigi

I tried to buy 10,000 of those from that guy and he was looking $375 for shipping so that didn’t happen.

Yes that’s exactly what it does, there’s no allowance for bulk purchasing, it just adds on the generic postage charge as though it’s a separate order each time.

What I did was firstly order one pack and test them out. They worked fine so I contacted the seller and got a postage cost. You can do this via the private message function on the app.

Edit: sorry, just saw that you did that. I paid a standard amount postage when I bought them. Weird. Try another company. There’s loads on there

Last edited by a moderator:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Great trowel that, until it goes all rusty. :(

C

Concrete guy

When you buy something in China, if it's under a certain weight/value it can be shipped by domestic post/Royal Mail, which is effectively free. See the following article.

Chinese firms use loophole to let them ship cheap goods within UK | Daily Mail Online - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5641459/UK-retailers-furious-Chinese-firms-use-loophole-let-ship-cheap-goods-UK.html

However once over a certain weight/value there is a requirement to use traditional couriers. Using the courier will also incur import duty and VAT at point of entry into the UK.

So the reality is if you want to buy direct from China, keep it cheap/small or go very big (containers). Anything in between just isn't financially viable.

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen