Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this a bad tiling job? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Smok

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys,

I’m new here. I’m a landlord and I have been in the process of getting some work done at a property. One of the jobs was a new kitchen with a tile splash back. I opted this time to go for a higher end price for the full kitchen job, so my expectations were high. I don’t know whether to be disappointed or manage my expectations on the tile work. From afar the work looks okay but once you get close and under the lights the tiles don’t seem to be on flat (if that makes sense). I have attached a few picture below. I haven’t said anything to the main contractor yet as I’d like to get advice before pointing it out. Any advice/ comments would be appreciated.
428C0FA2-326E-4BC4-AEBC-F5789AC23245.jpeg
38FA6125-39C4-4C75-A25E-101D05D29792.jpeg
13AF765E-A357-440C-A7AC-9FE1A8544846.jpeg
58516699-4A72-4B1B-80A3-3365BE4275AA.jpeg
7D94D1B5-034A-48EB-A68F-542D2EF6103B.jpeg

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Dissapointed? That is absolutely horrendous!! I cant see how they could possibly have managed to fit them that badly. I wouldn't be paying for that if I were you mate

B

Barrington

Make them do it again at their cost. Threaten them with what ever authorities oversee the building industry there if they refuse or want you to pay. That is complete rubbish. You have been ripped off!! I've never seen anything so bad!

Reaction score
Are the tiles bowed? For a brick bond pattern with tiles like these the walls must be flat or you see every imperfection. That's not acceptable that work. How was this resolved?

Reply to Is this a bad tiling job? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock