Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a knack to removing sealant? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonty

After putting sealant into movement joints it says on the application instructions to use white spirit to remove any excess sealant within five minutes, i have tried this but i find it doesnt come off easily at all, just left with a thin layer of sealant all around the joint which i cant remove- any ideas? thanks

B

Big-Smudge

After putting sealant into movement joints it says on the application instructions to use white spirit to remove any excess sealant within five minutes, i have tried this but i find it doesnt come off easily at all, just left with a thin layer of sealant all around the joint which i cant remove- any ideas? thanks

Hi Jonty,

The point you make is a very good one, and highlights what i say to people about cornertape. Have a look at the demo video at www.cornertape.co.uk by using CT you won't have a problem like this again. Just something to think about in the future as you won't be wasting your time cleaning tiles after appling your silicone if you use CT.:thumbsup:

Best regards
[email protected]

D

d noulton

try the silicone set from tradetiler.com 3 sizes 4mm 7mm 10mm apply silicone spray with soapy water {washing up liquid &water} and select the required sized tool pull through the silicone job done perfect every time

R

Ric

try using bal microban silicone sealant i couldn't believe how good it was to use didn't need washing up liquid it is that smooth and easy to apply. i was put off by the price before so bought cheaper stuff but found i was using twice the amount compared with the bal microban. love it

Reply to Is there a knack to removing sealant? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen