Search the forum,

Discuss Is 3mm joint too small for 450mm tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark B

Hello,

I'm tiling a bathroom wall and floor with 450mm porcelain tiles and want to run the joint from the walls into the floor. They're really nice full bodied tiles and I want to keep the joints to a minimum. The floor tiles will be stuck with BAL fastflex onto 25mm ply.

Would 3mm joints be too small for the floor?

Mark.

F

Fekin

I generally use 3mm for flooring, some like upto 5 or even 10mm for large marble, but I think BS state 3 to 5mm............

D

DHTiling

That will be fine mark...........good luck.....and how about posting a few pics of the finished job..?..

M

Mark B

That will be fine mark...........good luck.....and how about posting a few pics of the finished job..?..

Thanks for your very prompt replies :thumbsup:

Tiles are very nice square edged full bodied porcelain and all seem to be spot on the same size.

I'll definitely be post pics whent finished - As you might have seen from previous posts / questions It's been a bit of a head scratcher for one of my first jobs.

Thanks again

Mark

Reply to Is 3mm joint too small for 450mm tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen