Search the forum,

Discuss Introduction, glazed terracotta & natural stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi to all. I've just registered and hope someone can help.

My wife has been out shopping for new tiles for the bathroom and she's chosen glazed spanish terracotta wall and floor tiles with a natural stone border. She's told me that the border tiles will need to be sealed. I've fitted cermaic and porcelain before and have had no problems with them. My question is what is the best way to cut these types of tiles? I was considering buying a new Rubi Ti-s as we tend to move around a lot and I would get my money's worth out of it but if it won't be able to do this job then it's not worth it.

Hope someone can help with this and thanks in advance.

D

DHTiling

Hi martin....It depends on the glaze finish....some of those type of tile will break no probs, but if they have a crazing type glaze/finish then a dry cutter is usually no good and a wet cutter is needed...:thumbsup:

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
shame...I was looking forward to getting the rubi but maybe next time. I'll check with the retailer anyway but I'm not sure I trust them as it's often young boys serving who don't have a clue and will say anything

D

DHTiling

It's ahrd to say martin if a dry cutter will cut th em unless i could see one at face value...

If you do other tiling then by the cutter anyway as it is a good cutter...but if those tiles have a crazing finish then they will just spilt anywhere on the tile as you try to snap them..

So sorry but like i said it is hard to say for definate without seeing one or at least getting a sample and trying to cut one..

Reply to Introduction, glazed terracotta & natural stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen