Search the forum,

Discuss Interesting sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

We've been fixing a lot of Bradstone sandstone in a private residence. The other morning the owner was complaining about oily footprints on some of the tiles. He then became very happy when it was pointed out to him the marks were actually fossilised leaves. Anyone come across this before? I wonder how old these leaves are?

Attachments

• DSC00067.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Common in some Sandstone, did one a few years ago, Blond Fossil Sandstone. Looks fantastic when finished. I gave mine 3 coats of LTP cleartone oil, then 2 coats LTP sealer.
the cleartone oil really brings out the colour !

T

The D

deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture3394-027.jpg

deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture3393-image019.jpg

deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture3391-image021.jpg

did this one last year and used about 400m2 of it on a site in wicksford about 3 years ago

T

Time's Ran Out

I believe its caused by water filtering down through the layers of the strata - forming these leave style patterns.

Reply to Interesting sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen