Discuss Inpregnating a victorian in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Ijust started to seal and inpregnate a new Original Style black and white victorian before grouting using HG Porcelain S&I only done a small test area
Not impressed . Its given the whites a dirty shade and some appear to have soaked up more on the edges giving 2/4/mm border around the edges and removing the residue is a real wind-up .
can anyone suggesta more user friendly product FZ ? perhaps, Ive used Fila for polished marble and it did exactlywhat it said on the tin. also any tpps for puting it on/takeing it off
regards Keith

D

doug boardley

v66.JPG

must admit, I shuddered when I read the thread title....

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I always used Lithofin impregnator then Golv polish, until Tenchman introduced me to Dry-treat, good stuff imo,:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Why HG Porcelain S&I. The Original Style are a dust pressed tile and quite absorbent up to 3% . The HG impregnator is okay however the tiles have to be completely dry or it may lay on patches of damp.
Lithofin stain stop is okay.

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest Jay cant do macro pics that would show what Im trying to explain but heres a couple of the unfinished floor 004.jpg 002.jpg 005.jpg

Reaction score
Picked up some Litho today and on a smal ltest area it was great I think Im right in saying that Litho is water based and HG solvent based Ive always belived that oil based building products are better than these new fangled water based products but my son says Im an old fart and have to change with the times
What is Dry-treat and who makes it

Reaction score
only used HG because Original Style recomend it so
Im sure a lot of people use it and it must work.
Im interested in your view on solvent based HG Vs water based Litho
The Llitho might be easier to use but that dosnt make it the best product dose it
Im trying to expand my knowledge base on Victorians so anything infomation I can pick up is most welcome thanks

D

DHTiling

congoKeith.. Has that screed been commissioned yet..? and what type of screed is it..?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Nice Braemar there, are you using a black and white Bronte border? Dry treat, can't get a link but if you google it, it will give you the info:thumbsup:

Reaction score
liquid screed alpha hemi hydrate over wet C/H commissioned a few months ago , slow up over a week and slow down over 5 days and 3/4 runs since then

Reaction score
yeh black and white bronte Ill post some pics when the jobs complete, will be a few weeks though off to the Maldives to swim with the fishes .
Im to far along with Filo to change now but Ill look at Dry-treat next time thanks for your help

D

DHTiling

Just been looking at Dry-treat info today.. expensive gear but info looks good, hope it performs as impressive as the write up on it. :)

Reply to Inpregnating a victorian in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay