Search the forum,

Discuss Indian flagstone sealing problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

adriansewell

Hi, we have laid Indian stone flags in our kitchen and have cleaned and scrubbed with HG Cleaner. After leaving for over 48hrs to dry, we sealed them with HG Impregnator using a mini roller as advised on the tin. After drying, a white dusty residue has been left on the surface which cannot be scraped off. Some flags are worse than others and some are fine. I have tried Aqua Mix Sealer Remover which does not seem to work. The dustyness is still evident. Any help greatly appreciated. Photo attached. Thank you. Adrian

Attachments

• floor.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 28
D

doug boardley

it looks as though you've not wiped off the excess sealer before it dried adrian, was this the case?

A

adriansewell

yes. i just rolled it on and left to soak in and dry so I suppose some flags were more porous and sucked more in, whilst others were not and the sealer has dryed on the surface to leave the white residue...that makes sense as it is more visible around raised portions and dips where the sealer must have collected...what do think is the best cause of action?

G

Gazzer

You could try in a small area puttng more of the same sealer on and then wiping it off. Not 100% sure if this would work but it has in the past help remove residue.

D

DHTiling

That looks like moisture blooming... i think the stone wasn't dry enough to seal.. never seen sealer dry white.. if anything it would dry shiny if excess was left..

Which HG sealer did you use..?

Reply to Indian flagstone sealing problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen