Search the forum,

Discuss How to seal the corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

Hi guys,

I have seen many videos on youtube about tilling and grouting and I want to ask you if I should use grout to seal corners or if I should use silicone.
In this video Tile Shower Waterproofing.wmv - YouTube the guy says that corners should not be grouted.
What is you opinion on this matter?

I

Ian

Don't grout the corners, just use silicone. Grout will crack out sooner or later, silicone is used to provide some expansion in the event of movement. This is how all internal corners should be finished not just those in a wet area.

G

Gazzer

The corners should be sealed with silicone sealant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Checkout the tiling guides here: sWe's Tiling Guides | Wall and Floor Tiling Guides for Professional and DIY Tilers | Tile News
(They link back to the forum but it is indexed on that page for you so you can find info' quickly)

Last edited:
V

vrytir

O.K. Thank you guys, you are great.

What about external corners when using mite cut on tiles? I quest it is grout, or am I wrong?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always silicone every joint where 2 planes meet. All corners wall to wall, wall to floor, even tile to window frame, that is a common place movement occurs and majority of time I see it grouted and within months it will be cracked and dropping out.

Reply to How to seal the corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen