Search the forum,

Discuss how to re instate the damp proof membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

merit

TF
Reaction score
hi all
just ripping out a 1940s bathroom today, floor was tiled, got me breaker out and first one lifted no pobs,
no wonder it was stuck to vynal tiles on 20mm bitchumen.this bitchy is right the way through the ground floor,sounded hollow, so breaker again and come up in 3 ft squares, no adhesion to the oversite concrete at all, im aware this will have been used as a dpm, ive checked in the concrete and theres no poly in it at all.
what are the options for re instating the dpm, then prepping for tiling,i know there are liquid dpms but are there other routes to take cheers

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would go the route of liquid DPM personally.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would go for a 2coat DPM system and broadcast sand into the second coat (dry sand) once set vac up any residual sand and you will have a great rough coat for bonding your tiles down to.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
could i then just prime and slc, floors a bit out

Wouldnt think you'd need to prime for the sic on top of the epoxy/sand if you use a high polymer slc. Tremco and bostik both do slc's to go direct onto their DPM products.

Reply to how to re instate the damp proof membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen