Discuss How To Get Started? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jaclyn Fiddyment

any advice how to get started? I've emailed 15 tilers in my local area and offered free help to get experience but no luck with responses...any suggestions of what to do next? Thanks

O

Old Mod

They probably think you're winding them up haha
Why not have a scout round your local area for a large building sites and firstly speak to the site office explaning why you're there and see if they will introduce you to either the Tilers or the tiling contractor in question.
I can't see any bona fide contractor turning down free help!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's the trouble. You just emailed them!
I get a formatted letter from apprentices from our local college, at least once a month. They are all the same, with the name inserted. I pop them in the bin. Same with formatted emails.
Firstly, if you contact any business. Do your reaserch , most people research a new tv more than the company they are looking to work for.
Once you have found out some info. Quite simply ring up! If you get no reply, go and see them at work or home, (smartly dressed and hide the phone) .
Offer to work for free for a week.
All this will impress and show your interested.

Reply to How To Get Started? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay