Discuss How to Deal with meeting edge of two tiled bath panels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ah666

Hi I am installing a new bath (Adamsez Grenada) and I was planning to fit tiled panels to 2 sides of the bath (end and side, other end and side fit along walls)

However I am looking for some advice on how to finish of the corner where the two tiled panels meet. My initial idea was to use a rounded tile trim on the corner but I can’t find anything that has a large enough radius to match the radius on the bath corner (I would estimate it’s a 20 to 25mm radius)
I think anything that doesn’t match the bath corner profile will look wrong

My other thought was to use a boxed in section for the bath for the exposed sides and, however my plan was to use square tile trim so not sure how to create a non-sharp corner on the corner for the boxed section (this is in the middle of the room so I can’t have a square sharp corner)

Final idea is to use a Granite shelf that the bath sits into (basically a ‘L’ shape to fit around the two exposed sides and the bath will still fit flush to the wall) The panels and tiles can sit slightly inside the Granite shelf so a square edge won’t be a problem (as the edge of the Granite will be the outmost section) I can then have the Granite corner formed the same radius as the bath

Any comments or other suggestions gratefully appreciated

Thanks

AH666

C

Concrete guy

Assuming the bath is white.

If I was ever looking for trim pieces to solve a problem you could usually find something made from upvc and designed for soffit boards or for the window/conservatory business. A bullnosed section of windowsill may give you the radius you require.

Something like this - cut the front edge off to suit.

1329565461-3889-42.jpg

The granite surround is also a problem solver. I do like a bath sat into a framework, they look good.

Reaction score
Hi,

How about something like this.
Square edge chrome with the square corner piece.

2012-03-07 15.50.24.jpg

Think its the 1st time I've attached a picture - so I hope its ok!!

Check-out my little access door as well :drool5:

Reply to How to Deal with meeting edge of two tiled bath panels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay