Search the forum,

Discuss How to Deal with meeting edge of two tiled bath panels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ah666

Hi I am installing a new bath (Adamsez Grenada) and I was planning to fit tiled panels to 2 sides of the bath (end and side, other end and side fit along walls)

However I am looking for some advice on how to finish of the corner where the two tiled panels meet. My initial idea was to use a rounded tile trim on the corner but I can’t find anything that has a large enough radius to match the radius on the bath corner (I would estimate it’s a 20 to 25mm radius)
I think anything that doesn’t match the bath corner profile will look wrong

My other thought was to use a boxed in section for the bath for the exposed sides and, however my plan was to use square tile trim so not sure how to create a non-sharp corner on the corner for the boxed section (this is in the middle of the room so I can’t have a square sharp corner)

Final idea is to use a Granite shelf that the bath sits into (basically a ‘L’ shape to fit around the two exposed sides and the bath will still fit flush to the wall) The panels and tiles can sit slightly inside the Granite shelf so a square edge won’t be a problem (as the edge of the Granite will be the outmost section) I can then have the Granite corner formed the same radius as the bath

Any comments or other suggestions gratefully appreciated

Thanks

AH666

C

Concrete guy

Assuming the bath is white.

If I was ever looking for trim pieces to solve a problem you could usually find something made from upvc and designed for soffit boards or for the window/conservatory business. A bullnosed section of windowsill may give you the radius you require.

Something like this - cut the front edge off to suit.

1329565461-3889-42.jpg

The granite surround is also a problem solver. I do like a bath sat into a framework, they look good.

Reply to How to Deal with meeting edge of two tiled bath panels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen