Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Tim

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone.

I have been asked to take on a tile job that needs doing at short notice and wanted to ask some advice.

This is a bathroom where pipes are being moved around to allow for a walk in shower space, instead of a bath, and a doorway is being filled in, plastered on then tiled on top. I have to tile the walls, around a small window and the floor. I'm a reasonably competent DIYer but no experience with tile.

I know this is a big ask but could anyond give me general advice on where to start?

Thanks in advance!

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Umm, start in the middle and work out,
dont skim the plasterboard, tank the wet areas, get a tiler in to do the job....

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

That's a fairly open ended question, it's probably best you look into it a bit more and when you have questions more specific to come back and we can help.

I'd start off by looking into setting out and tools/materials required, there should be some basic tutorials on that on YouTube. We can certainly help but just need to know on what exact points to answer.

Good luck and happy watching 😊

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For starters you will need a tile cutter, score and snap type being the easiest and quickest for straight cuts, you will then need a table top wet cutter or grinder for doing L shape cuts. If you know the size and type of tiles for the job that will also help with some advice we can pass on :thumbsup:

Reply to Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock