Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help with edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Desperate House

Hi peeps
Hope you can help me, finished the tiling in my bathroom. I've used travertine tiles which look great but I have an out of skew wall at one end of the shower and need some quarter edging to fill the gap. Can anyone let me know where to get it, I have trawled the internet and can only find a pencil shape. Or any other suggestions welcome ta.
Kind regards
Desperate Housewife
p.s Happy Valentine!

D

Desperate House

Hi Dave
See what I mean? Hope you can open it.
DH x

Attachments

• Tiles.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 57
G

grumpygrouter

Unfortunately a bit late now but you would have been better fitting the shower tray first and tiling onto it. Silicone would have sealed the joint. You may still get away with siliconing it but it depends how big the gap actually is. Bit hard to tell from the pic!

S

sWe

You can probably silicone that. It's probably not going to be pretty, because it looks quite wide, but that's what I can think off at the moment.

D

Desperate House

Thanks Dave, your a star, I'll get right on it!

p.s Grumpgrouter - I DID fit the shower first and the front edge fits perfectly. Unfortunately the plasterer didn't do his job properly with the wall. We knew it would be a problem and hoped the tiles would fill the gap somewhat. But thanks for all your positive help!

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Just a suggestion if you have tiles left cut some into 3 inch strips and lay them around the perimenter as a skirting see how they look if your happy with it bulnose the tops job done.
Lucius

Reply to Help with edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks