Search the forum,

Discuss Help on first project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilgold

Im am planning my first tile project which will be my utility floor. I am using ceramic tiles and its a concrete base. I want to use BAL Adhesives and grout, im just abit confused what to use? :dizzy2: can someone shed some light? Thanks

T

Trevor Harmer

Welcome to the forum:welcome:
First clean the floor of dust and stuff and prime the floor with SBR 3 parts water to1 SBR
and allow to dry this will give you a good substrate to work on and get rid of any last dust particles.
BAL is good but expensive try Mapei Keraquick flexy White or gray depending on what colour grout you are going to use this is more cost effective and as good if not better
Mapei ultracolour Grout for your finish.
hope this helps let me know if you need any other info
Best of luck
Trev.:thumbsup:

W

wilgold

So as a BAL Alt, would SBR Bond, Single Part Flexible adhesive followed by BAL Microflex Wide Joint Grout be ok????

Reply to Help on first project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Help! New DIYer here - I’m preparing my bathroom floor to lay ceramic tile. Removed the vinyl...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, hope you are all having a good weekend. I am going to be tiling the splashback...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen