Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed with terracotta floor! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

donnagibbs

I have a Fired Earth terracotta floor. I had it laid and properly sealed with linseed oil etc and then waxed & buffed to a sheen.
However, I have 3 large dogs so I have to mop the floor every other day, but the normal tile products that won't remove the wax aren't strong enough to take off the dirt. Result is that I have to keep stripping off the wax to clean it properly and then re-wax. Very hard work and still the floor never looks shiny and glossy, and even the sheen doesn't last more than a day or 2.
There must be a product that I can mop on or paint on when the tiles are clean and dry which will give a hard high gloss finish which lasts, and can then be cleaned without taking off the shine.
I visited Merchant adventurers hall in York & they treat their terracotta tiles with a sort of gloss varnish or paint which lasts for around a year before they have to redo it, but I don't know where they get it from.
Any suggestions welcome!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Welcome to tilersforums.com donnagibbs. Thanks for introducing yourself.

P

peckers

:welcome:you could try and contact enduro on here he may be able to advise you on this and depends where you live he might be able to do it for you.

T

Terry Cottar

Use Aqua Mix High Gloss Sealer. It will require stripping and redoing periodically but it is the best option for your situation IMO. You will however need to strip and clean your floor before applying the HGS and for this you will need Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover, Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner and a White Emulsifying Pad You can purchase all these items off Tradetiler.com Home who is a sponsor of this forum or off E Bay.

tel

Reply to Help needed with terracotta floor! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen