Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss help needed on porclin tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM Ceramics

as mentioned 6mm backer board or at least 12mm plywood but id go for the 6mm backer board would work out cheaper

S

smurf21

I dont know where you guys are getting your info from but a minimum of 15mm plywood is recommended for overboarding timber floors ,you cant get 15mm so the next best is 18mm( not 9mm or 12mm) or use a suitable tile backer board 6mm thick. :thumbsup:

2020Tiling

just been to c that porclin floor job i was on about , i was informed by the customer it was chipboard under the lino and it was in ok condition, so i took the lino up and its floor boards not chipboard and there not level so iam woried that if i fix 6mm no more ply it will end up all uneven ? it would be ideal to over board it with 18mm marine ply but 18mm ply on top of floor boards plus the thickness of porclin looks about 15mm plus addy would b to much of a bulid up for door! any advice ?

S

smurf21

just make sure the floorboards are screwed down well and go with the NMP any slight unevenness you find after you will be able to take out in your addy bed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to help needed on porclin tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks