Search the forum,

Discuss Help make bad tiling job look better please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bov

Ok, here goes..
I had a tiling job done, I stupidly let a friend recommend someone (who's work I'd never seen) do the job for me. I'll cut it short but the job is terrible, so terrible that even on a newly layed floor that was 'proffesionally' fitted, the tiler managed to tile the floor, making it look like there are waves under my feet!! Anyways, more fool me and i know you'll want to have a go for my incompetence in choosing a tiler but it's now a case of it is what it is. The bathrooms 18sqm so no going back now!
I need some advice on making the job look a little neater please.. I have huge gaps in two corners or the room, starting at 1/2cm at top widening to 1cm at the bottom, the grout is in (which i thought would desguise it a little) but it's still noticable, and as it's a facing wall, my eye is immediatly drawn to this crater in the corner as soon as i step in there! I thought about silicone, but not sure if it will make it look worse as im going to have to slap it on pretty thick to make it look even and neat?? Ive seen edging strips without the flat part you slide under the tile, Would this work?? and how would i fix it?
By some miracle they may just have invented something for this exact proplem, but i doubt it, so need some serious help or suggestions if anyone can..
Ive got other issues with the tiling but thought id tackle one thing at a time so you dont think im a perfectionist moaner!

D

DHTiling

I,m sorry to say this BUT.. rip the lot off and start again....Its a harsh statement but at the end of the day that's all that is going to satisfy you...isn't it.. if you are being honest.!!!.......

please let us know what you decide to do.............

F

faithhealer

Hi Bov, welcome to the forum for starters. are the gaps against the skirting? Best bet might be just to get some of the 'laminate edging strip, or the plain wood (quadrant) type. just to cover the edges dependant on the colour etc. Good luck mate John

B

Bov

OMG!! Straight for the jugluar.. Couldnt we start with softening the blow a bit with a few helpful suggestions, even if they are rubbish, before we go directly to demolition! I know it's the best option, but can we use that as a last resort.. please!!????
----
No, they are on the vertical wall, but thats quite a good idea.. Something of that sort for the wall, not floor would be great if you could advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Soz..soz...and welcome to forums ...

but you dont want to hear negative thoughts do you....my advise is that if a jobs wrong then lets correct it.......

B

Bov

He he .. thats ok, i know if i'd got you to do it, then it would have been perfect.. I just know. But i was silly, not becouse im female, but becouse i knew when he was feeding me the crap that 'the grout would cover it' that he was lieing, but still let him carry on as it was too far gone in the project.

I think you'd be so dissapointed for me if you could see it.

Even the edging strip round my sunken bath isnt flush, so im going to end up cut to shreds, climbing out of there.. Im in Bristol if anyone wants to come and knock some sense into me and maybe fix it so it looks pretty! Worth a try

D

DHTiling

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad installation but these things happen.. there are a few members on here who will be glad to help you out..so if you require it .. i will let members know .. and too help you get it sorted....if you so wish it....good luck...dave....

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Bov...................:hurray:

Listen to this.............it is wot you should do :yes:

[DLMURL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBikNb5oEcU[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help make bad tiling job look better please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen