Search the forum,

Discuss Help! :-) levelling Kakade shower tray in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bazza999

Hi all,

Needed some help..... there is a bit of sag in the centre joists (see pic). Gap is about 1cm at highest point. Whats the best solution? :) Is there a substanc whiadheres to wood and solidifies, providing a solid base?. I was thinking something along the lines of no-nails type adhesive or something which I can spread on the affected joists, lower the tray in to place, and let the tray bed itself, then screw the tray down. Or is it a case of getting 10mm piece of stick and sliding it under....

Any ideas? I have the no-more-ply adhesive that will be used to stick the tray down too, will that do the trick?

any help / ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks in advance. levelling showertray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lizzardtong

shim that joist or you can screw 2/6 to existing foist to level the floor. make the floor flat and level. that will make your life much easier. or you can level noggings and add shim on the joist.
but wait for other opinions.

R

Rossymcg

I don't know this type if tray but the ones I use I ply under them between the joists then bed the tray on with SPF addy, no problems then at all, but remember your tray will be perfectly level and the surrounding floor will not, that will require additional work after you've fitted backer boards

B

bazza999

Thanks for advice guys. In the end I put a strip of wood down with screws, countersunk and then planed off until i got a fairly level floor. I thought of using shims, but was concerned that when I laid down the 22mm ply, it would be difficult to gauge where to put the shims, and getting screws into shimmed area.

Reply to Help! :-) levelling Kakade shower tray in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen