Search the forum,

Discuss heat resistant tile adhesive?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Got to replace some tiles which have fallen off a chipboard wall which has hot waterpipes behind, and central heating boiler in front. Any recommendations for suitable adhesive/grout. Previously used BAL CTF3, which lasted about 7 yrs, anything better around?

Any advice welcome.

Geoff

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like it did a good job. Most adhesives can take the heat, it will be the fact that the wood is expanding rather than the temperature.

BAL Fasflex will do the job for life, but it isn't cheap.

J

johng56

I used ready mixed Vitcas Heat Resistant Tile Adhesive which I bought from manufacturer online I'm very pleased

G

Gazzatile

Dan is right the heat is not the problem but the chipboard you have to use 2 part ruber crumb adhesive for this type of job

Reply to heat resistant tile adhesive?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen