Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline craks in SLC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

Hi guys,

I came with another problem. I use mapei Ultraplan renovation screed to self level my floor with cable UFH. And now I found hairline cracks in it. Does it mean my subfloor was not good enought and I can start again or is it normal.
Subfloor is WBP 18mm, mapei ultraflex, 6mm insulation board, then the UFH cables and now screed. I put quite a lot of noggins when installing WBP.

For the floor it will be ceramic tiles 300x300, using mapei ultraflex as adhesive. Not sure about grout, is there some "flexible grout"?
Or do I have to start again from scratch?

What is you opinions, please?

V

vrytir

I prime it with Primer G and it is about 10mm-12mm thick. This ultraplan screed could be up to 30mm thick.

V

vrytir

It was 4.5l per 25kg bag and deflection? Well I am big guy 20st roughly and when I put my laser leveller on the WBP there was some movement, but when my better half did the same there was just slight move.

D

DHTiling

I think that could be the issue.

How soon did you walk on the floor after levelling.

C

charlie1

Think mapei recommend using eco prime, unsure if this would be a factor in what's happened though

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Could just be drying shrinkage. Pictures might help

Reply to Hairline craks in SLC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen