Search the forum,

Discuss guaging trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
what trowel does everyone use. tried loads from rubi to cheap £2 specials. finally bought a marshalltown one cost around£20 but it has lasted ages and the weight and feel of it is spot on

T

Time's Ran Out

Still got the same trowel I started with 35 years ago!
If you clean them with a little WD40 at the end of each day they last forever.
I've only replaced the handle 21 times and the blade 28 times but its as good as new! (trigger)

Timeless John.

F

faithhealer

using rubi at the moment, just fits my hand comfortably but everybody is different

P

Perry

I use it to lift the tiles mainly at I take my adhesive out of the bucket with my notched trowel the bal one i find the strongest as lot of weight on a 60x60 with a bucket load of adhesive under it :pete

H

hillhead

i use rubi myself.iv seen me cleaning it off with a hammer manys of times.lol.still going strong.:oops:

D

DHTiling

guaging trowels:bucket trowels:margin trowels

I use a bucket trowel / A gauging trowel and a margin trowel...:thumbsup: would be lost without my margin trowel.

Trade tiler does some good Rubi ones...

Rubi Spatula Trowel

Rubi Spatula Trowel

- Smaller handle for delicate work
- Blade length 110 mm
- 'Rubiflex' handle - grip even with wet hands
- Life time warranty on blade.

Rubi Margin Trowel

Rubi Margin Trowel

- Smaller handle for delicate work
- Blade length 125 mm

Rubi 160 mm Bucket trowel

Special flat bottomed trowel for removing adhesive and grout from buckets fast.

- Blade length 160 mm

Rubi 180 mm Gauging Trowel

Industry standard gauging trowel

- Blade length 180 mm

Tradetiler Tiling Miscellaneous Trowels

W

White Room

Like the handle on the rubi but marshall town are good as well, nice flex in the blade

B

brian c

IM USING THE RUBI ONES AT THE MOMENT.nice grip etc,find the cheap ones are rubbish,handles breaking and bending.

S

Spud

i use the marshall town tile setter trowel bit wider than the guager also use a marshall town gauger find these trowels light and well balanced with good wooden handels ,i find the plastic handeled trowels annoying if you get the handles wet you have to wipe them dry where as the wooden handel trowels dont slip in your grip if they are wet and seem to dry themselves much better its is such a small thing but is important if you are going to be working with them all day

Reply to guaging trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen