Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Or Sealant in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bcd-87

Sure, here are some pictures - Sunday morning is DIY morning :)
around the drain there was cracked grout so i removed the metal insert (held in place in the screw holes) then the grout came off easily. One of the close up pictures shows there appears to be some sort of membrane under the tiles but also some gaps, should i push some grout in there first to fill the gap? Should any of this 'tray' be sealed first?

The other pictures are of the other areas where there was cracked grout, should be straight forward to just push thick grout into.

Advice much appreciated!

Phil

View attachment 76894 View attachment 76895 View attachment 76896 View attachment 76897 View attachment 76898 View attachment 76899

Get a tiler round Phil Looks like there may be some movement

O

Old Mod

Thanks, can u do couple to show the room pls and where things relate to each other.
Close ups are good tho

P

Phil164

here are two photos of the room. The shower has a slight decline towards the drain, starting from just before the glass window starts.

IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2339.jpg

O

Old Mod

It looks like there's movement on the former tray to floor transition by the screen.

If that was my shower floor it'd be screen out, and 5 tiles on that screen line and the cut tile to left would be straight out.
Inspect former and drainage for damage and if poss re tank and re tile.

O

Old Mod

Well if it's a recurring problem I'd go for movement. Drain not looking it's best and missing grout just in front.

Reply to Grout Or Sealant in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen