Search the forum,

Discuss grout colour not as dark as sample. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dippyd

Hi guys,
I need some help! I've just had to regrout my kitchen floor. The tiles are Porcelain timber effect from procelanosa, the grout is a dark brown. The problem is the colour is lighter than shown on sample. I have mixed the grout as described on package, removed the excess grout with a damp (well wrung out) sponge!
Any cues to where i've gone wrong?
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

M

MICK the Tiler

coloured grouts will vary from batch to batch.

How far different is the colour from the sample?

M

MICK the Tiler

It shouldn't vary that much. I was thinking that it might be streaky. But if the colour is consistent throughout the job, could you live with it?

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a product on here a while back, but it's name eludes me at the moment.

M

MICK the Tiler

You might need to apply a grout enhancer, not sure of the names over there, "stone beauty" comes to mind now i think of it. Just another question does the grout go the right colour if it is wet?

D

DHTiling

The sample will have a flexible modifier in it......this will make it darker than the grout straight out of the bag......
I only say this coz the BAL sample boards have a modifier in them....and they are darker than the grout out of the bag......

W

White Room

I would have thought that over a time the grout will darken due to mopping and cleaning

F

faithhealer

Used the same colour grout over different coloured tiles and the customer didn't believe the grout came out the same bucket. just looked completely a different colour due to the different backgrounds

Reply to grout colour not as dark as sample. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen