Search the forum,

Discuss Gritty tiles and my tiler is complaining in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all!

First post in a long time!

A tiler I’ve used to do a bathroom is complaining that the tiles aren’t finished correct.

His words below:

Started to grout and sponges started to rip easy (tiles feel gritty)

Took a grouted tile off the wall as couldn’t remove grout from tile and sanded it down which then made a smooth finish on the tile?

-He’s just today used ltp grout cleaner from tile giant but says his sponge/cloths are still ripping apart and even if he touches the tiles with his bare fingers then they stain

Any help?

Reaction score
I think we need some photos here..

He said the tile feels gritty so obviously can’t see that on the picture

The cloth is what he used to wipe with the ltp from tile giant and said that the tile surface is that rough it tears the cloth

Hope these help

C614E7E5-65FA-4555-B984-358724434086.jpeg

297A5F57-686D-4CEF-BD8F-67800DE48FA1.jpeg

D

Dumbo

We're you aware the tiles are gritty , if so it will be a pig keeping your bathroom clean if not do you think you should take a trip to tile giant to check the display tiles are the same .

Reaction score
He should have used a pre sealer, not sure why he's whining its nothing most tilers haven't seen many times before

I’m glad you’ve said this, cause he can’t come back to me on it.... I’ve also spoke to the manufacturers and they said everythings fine with the tiles.

I think the worst part is he left the grout to dry overnight and didn’t wipe it of the tiles ‍♂️
We're you aware the tiles are gritty , if so it will be a pig keeping your bathroom clean if not do you think you should take a trip to tile giant to check the display tiles are the same .

The tiles are from my showroom (newish ones we’ve just got in) upon checking the showroom tile i can confirm they do feel ‘grotty’

Reply to Gritty tiles and my tiler is complaining in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen