Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Gritty tiles and my tiler is complaining in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all!

First post in a long time!

A tiler I’ve used to do a bathroom is complaining that the tiles aren’t finished correct.

His words below:

Started to grout and sponges started to rip easy (tiles feel gritty)

Took a grouted tile off the wall as couldn’t remove grout from tile and sanded it down which then made a smooth finish on the tile?

-He’s just today used ltp grout cleaner from tile giant but says his sponge/cloths are still ripping apart and even if he touches the tiles with his bare fingers then they stain

Any help?

Reaction score
I think we need some photos here..

He said the tile feels gritty so obviously can’t see that on the picture

The cloth is what he used to wipe with the ltp from tile giant and said that the tile surface is that rough it tears the cloth

Hope these help

C614E7E5-65FA-4555-B984-358724434086.jpeg

297A5F57-686D-4CEF-BD8F-67800DE48FA1.jpeg

D

Dumbo

We're you aware the tiles are gritty , if so it will be a pig keeping your bathroom clean if not do you think you should take a trip to tile giant to check the display tiles are the same .

Reaction score
He should have used a pre sealer, not sure why he's whining its nothing most tilers haven't seen many times before

I’m glad you’ve said this, cause he can’t come back to me on it.... I’ve also spoke to the manufacturers and they said everythings fine with the tiles.

I think the worst part is he left the grout to dry overnight and didn’t wipe it of the tiles ‍♂️
We're you aware the tiles are gritty , if so it will be a pig keeping your bathroom clean if not do you think you should take a trip to tile giant to check the display tiles are the same .

The tiles are from my showroom (newish ones we’ve just got in) upon checking the showroom tile i can confirm they do feel ‘grotty’

Reply to Gritty tiles and my tiler is complaining in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks