Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Grinding up weak latex in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi guys,

I've got some latex to remove that's been layed by a builder on a sand & cement screed, I ran a small scraper over it in different areas and it just broke down within seconds back to the screed, so I told client I couldn't tile onto that as it was too weak and the mix ratio must be incorrect ( too much water I guess ).....checked the latex and it's suitable for sand & cement screed but still I told client I wasn't prepared to do it and I've checked with the suppliers Fball and they have confirmed the mix is to weak.......the area of latex to be removed is 17 square metres.....can anyone give me any advice as the best way of getting this up as its only 2 to 3mm so would it be a rotary grinder I need?......any info/advice would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

L

LM

On large scale projects we use a floor scrabbler or scaler depending on who you speak to, it would make mince meat out of that in a short space time. You can hire one at any of the large hire shops, might seem exspensive but you'd have that up in an hour.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Was looking at this for at quick fix, think I'll have 17 metres up within the hour

image.png

F

Flintstone

Bend him over good and propper! He might take more care next time. Reminds me of the builder that mixed slc 50\50 with sand a couple months back for me.

Reply to Grinding up weak latex in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks