Search the forum,

Discuss green screed or ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lee pollitt

hi

i have a newley laid concreate floor been down 4 weeks thinking about using bal green screed or ditra matting not sure which and what to stick down the ditra with if i use that can anyone help. iam new to floor tiling on concreate

thanks
lee

D

Drastik Lee

i dont see what your trying to get at here is the floor level??? green screed (is an adhesive) not a leveling compound if its not level i would go more for a self leveling compound to sort that i would only use ditra if your floor is problematic for Eg. waterproofing problems and the ditra would be stuck down with the same adhesive your tiles aould be stuck down with...hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bugs183

Has this floor got under floor heating???? If it has it needs to commisioned and run as advised by Ajax on another thread in the forum, if not then the following is applicable.
I've used Green screed directly to very newly laid concrete and had no problems.
What i would suggest is you use Ditra or Dural C1 matting and fix it with a rapid set flexible adhesive. Schluter recommend this as a fast track system on newly laid screeds so you know it works. Also if the screed does shrink or crack a little then the Ditra should eliminate any cracking being transferred into the tlles, so it also builds in some problem prevention into the job.
Comb the adhesive with a 6mm serrated trowel and press the Ditra into this. Leave the nelwy ditra matted floor overnight to dry, as tiles can pull up newly laid ditra.

Reply to green screed or ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen