Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix CTFA mixture ratios in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zzr-matt

Im using the above adhesive to install 600x 300 porcelain tiles onto a tanked / primed render background.
The instrucions say to mix 4:1 with water by weight. The density of the powder is 1.6kg/L so 5L is 8kg to which you need to add 2L of water.
This seems to come up about the same consistency as multifinish plaster and is taking 2days to fully harden. Does that sound reasonable or have I made a mistake somewhere?
Im using a semi circle type notch trowel and back buttering each tile and its eating about 7kg of adhesive per m2. Is that about right or should I be using a square notch trowel?
Finally, I've got a feature panel and border made of mosaics to tile. Because the mosaics are 5mm thinner than the main tiles they need a thick bed which is tricky with the consistency of adhesive I have. Can i thicken it up or do i skim some on and let it dry before applying a final coat and installing the tiles?
For the feature whats the correct way to go? Fit all the porcelain on either side by leaving the correct gap and then come back and do the mosaic later to ensure its good an flat?
For the border how do you guys normally do it? Tile up to and including the mosaic border and then allow it to set before going on above? This will take 36hrs or so. Or acurately measure and then batten the position for the tiles above the border?

Reply to Granfix CTFA mixture ratios in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen