Search the forum,

Discuss Got the dreaded phone call today. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I thought I had been lucky and not had any comebacks with the decoupling membranes. But this morning a client rang to say "Phil I am getting a crunching sound on some parts of my floor, do you know what it might be?" I told him I knew exactly what it was, the Genesis G mat had failed.

I just wondered if anyone else was still having problems? I know Dural held their hands up and have been injecting the resins, but are Genesis or others still trying to blame it on fixer error? as we all now are aware the mats that failed all came from the same factory in Germany. how can one company deny responsibility when others are trying to do the right thing?

This floor was laid in 2010 so around the time the bad batches were made. The client has been in touch with CTD who supplied the mat and they are aware of the problem, this must be going on all over the country if not the world.

I would appreciate any feedback, I have already spoken to a few TF members, but would like to hear from anyone who could give an update. I know Neale ( Sir Ramic) might know something as I think he might have had a similar experience. We all recomended these mats in good faith, but it seems we are now being blamed for a sub-standard product.:mad2:

B

bugs183

Mm not good Phil, do feel for you when the materials let you down.
I did a big floor a few years ago in Dural and i've just got that feeling (or paranoia!)they'll be a phone call, never used it ince and always insist on Ditra. I'ts never let me down.
Good luck matey.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always use Ditra where appropriate and never had problems, can only say thank god i never used any other product.

I thought for a moment when I read the dreaded 'got the phone call' that it was PPI again :incazzato:

D

DHTiling

So ,, the question is.. has anyone had a Genesis G mat failure and have Genesis done anything about it... this will help Phil a lot ...

Nice chatting today Phil mate..

T

Thanks Dave good to talk to you too, and Gary and Dean. Anymore info from anyone much appreciated. I will not be rolling over on this one.:thumbsup:

P

Peter

Surely there's some sort of legal clause or satisfactory goods act that bounds them to stand over it. Has the floor been down long Phil?

T

Since 2010 Peter, I hope someone will admit responsibility and get this mess sorted.:mad2:

Reply to Got the dreaded phone call today. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen